Stokesby Village Hall
Conditions of Hire
(Per national Village Hall Advisory Services)
1) will be present during the period of the hiring, be responsible for the supervision of the premises, the fabric and contents, their care, safety from damage however slight or change of any sort and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of car-
2) shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the hiring agreement and shall not sub-
(Please see note on booking form re ‘TEN’)
3) shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the laws relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
4) shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the fire Authority, Local Authority, the local Magistrate Court, or otherwise, particularly in connection with events which includes public dancing, or music or other similar public entertainment or stage plays.
5) shall if preparing, serving or selling food, observe all relevant food, health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
6) shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought into the premises and used there shall be safe and in good working order, and used in a safe manner. NO unauthorised heating appliances shall be used without the consent of the management committee and portable liquid propane gas (LPG) heating appliances shall not be used under any circumstances.
7) shall indemnify the committee for the cost of repairs of any damage done to, and parts of the property including the curtilage thereof or the contents of the building which may occur during the period of hiring as a result of hiring.
8) if he/she cancels the booking before the date of the event and the committee is unable to conclude a replacement booking the question of the payment or the repayment of the fee shall be made at the discretion of the committee.
9) shall ensure that the minimum of noise is made on arrival and departure.
10) shall ensure that no dogs except guide dogs are brought into the hall without prior warning and agreement.
11) shall ensure that the hall is left clean and tidy and that all rubbish is removed from the premises by the hirer.
12) shall report any injury or accident on the premise or within its curtilage so it may be recorded in the accident register