We now have a defibrillator on the wall by the entrance to the Ferry Inn.
5th Annual Produce & Craft Show
Below is the Schedule and Conditions of Entry for the
Produce and Craft Show
2nd September 2017
Rules and Conditions of Entry
1. Entries will be received at the Village Hall between
1pm and 5pm (non perishable only) on Saturday
1st September and between 8am and 10am on
Sunday 2nd September.
2 Paintings MUST be ready to hang and be there on
Saturday 1st between 1pm -
3. Judging will take place promptly between 10.15am
and noon on Sunday 2nd September.
4. All exhibits must have been grown/made by the
5. Exhibitors must provide their own plates, vases etc,
for display. No responsibility can be accepted for
loss or damage to them. Please ensure they are
collected at the end of the show.
6. Class number must be affixed to the plate or vase
NOT to any removable cover.
7. NO exhibit to be removed before 4pm on Sunday 2nd September.
8. The decision of the Judges is final.
9. Entry fee is 50p for each item submitted, payable when setting up.
The Very Best Apple Dessert Cake
225g self raising flour 1 level tsp baking powder
225g caster sugar 2 large eggs
½ tsp almond extract 150g butter melted
250g cooking apples, peeled and cored
25g flaked almonds
Equipment – 20cm loose-
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/ fan 140C / Gas 3. Lightly grease your tin.
2. Measure the flour, baking powder, sugar, eggs, almond extract and melted butter into a bowl. Mix well until blended then beat for a minute.
3. Spread half the mixture in the prepared tin. Thickly slice the apples and lay on top of the mixture in the tin, piling mostly towards the centre. Using 2 dessert spoons, roughly spoon the remaining mixture over the apples.
(This is an awkward thing to do, but just make sure that the mixture covers the centre well as it will spread out in the oven.)
4. Sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 1¼ -
1. Vase of 3 different flowers (1 stem of each except Dahlias, Roses or Marigolds)
2. 3 Dahlias, pom pom ( 2 inches -
3. 3 Dahlias one sort either decorative or cactus (over 4.5 inches)
4. 3 Marigolds
5. 1 Specimen Rose
6. 1 Pot plant cactus/succulent
7. 1 Pot plant foliage
Fruit & Vegetable Section
8. 1 Onion (heaviest)
9. 3 Onions
10. Collection of 3 types of herbs
11. 3 Leeks trimmed
12. 3 Carrots untrimmed
13. 3 Parsnips untrimmed
14. 3 Potatoes
15. 6 Runner Beans
16. 1 Runner Bean (longest)
17. 5 Standard Tomatoes (with Stalks)
18. 6 Cherry Type Tomatoes (with Stalks)
19. 1 Cucumber
20. 3 Courgettes
21. Pair of Marrows
22. 1 Marrow (heaviest)
23. 2 Sweetcorn
24. 3 Cooking Apples
25. 3 Eating Apples
26. 1 Plate of Soft Fruit (with Stalks)
27. 6 Hens Eggs
Children’s Section (up to 16 years)
28. 6 Cupcakes of your choice
29. My favourite painting
30. Amusing object made from Fruit and Vegetables
31. Miniature garden in a clean plastic seed tray
Cookery Section ( non-
32. Apple Dessert Cake (as per Recipe Below)
33. Chocolate Sponge Cake (any decoration)
34. Loaf of bread (White, any style)
35. 3 Squares of Bread Pudding
36. 3 Sausage Rolls ( flaky pastry)
37. 5 Shortbread fingers or triangles
38. Fruit Crumble (Please identify fruit used)
39. Bottle of Homemade Wine (red, white or rose)
Preserves Section (covered with easily removable top)
40. Jar of Jam.
41. Jar of Jelly.
42. Jar of Chutney.
43. Jar of Marmalade.
Men Only Section
44. 4 Fruit scones
45. Painting: Still life (any media)
46. Painting: Portrait (any media)
47. Painting: Birds (any media)
48. Painting: Land or Seascape (any media)
49. Any handmade item not listed below
50. Handmade item made from driftwood
51. Knitted or crocheted item
52. 1 item of handmade jewellery
(No age limit) Colour or B/W prints.
Min size 6x4 inches max size 10x8 inches
53. What the Broads mean to me.
54. What I love.
55. Shapes in the Environment.
56. Anything goes.
An entry form can be found on the inside back page of the printed schedule or there is a printable copy by clicking on
|Parish Councill Minutes 2016|
|Parish Minutes 2015|
|Parish Minutes 2014|
|Parish Minutes 2013|
|Parish Minutes 2012|
|Parish Minutes 2011|
|Parish Minutes 2017|